This weekend at STLV, during the panel with Discovery actor Anson Mount, the long-awaited release date for Discovery season two was announced.
Discovery season two is due to be released on DVD and Blu-ray in November this year.
The four-disc set will include all 14 episodes of the season, plus the Star Trek: Short Treks instalments “Runaway” and “The Brightest Star.” The set also includes two hours of exclusive special features, including featurettes, audio commentaries on four episodes, cast interviews, deleted scenes, and a gag reel.
Both “Runaway” and “The Brightest Star.” tie directly into the plot of season two and are a great addition to this boxset, however, there is no news on if the other two “Short Treks”, “Calypso” and “Escape Artist” will be included.
Season Two special features – The following are the new features included on the season two set
- ENTER THE ENTERPRISE – Captain Pike shepherds U.S.S. Discovery through Season Two, but must return to his original command on the U.S.S. Enterprise. The production designer, builders, actors and producers discuss the daunting task of reviving the iconic ship’s bridge.
- PUTTING IT TOGETHER – Follow the real-life Discovery crew through preparation, shooting and posting the amazing Season Two finale. A true in-depth look at the many talents that come together to bring Discovery to life.
- THE RED ANGEL – A major plot point of the season is the Red Angel. Go behind-the-scenes with producers, directors and Sonequa Martin-Green, along with the craftspeople that created it and made it come to life.
- DESIGNING DISCOVERY: SEASON TWO – On a show where no location exists in our world, the production and lighting design teams must create every space. Look at the locations and spaces created for Season Two.
- PROP ME UP: SEASON TWO – Propmaster Mario Moreira takes fans through the world of Discovery props.
- DRESS FOR SUCCESS: SEASON TWO – Each species has its own fashion style dictated by both culture and physical attributes. Gersha Phillips and her team discuss how costumes inform a character and how they create a spectacular array of clothing, uniforms and armour for every kind of species.
- CREATURE COMFORTS: SEASON TWO – Producers, craftsmen, and actors discuss the design process, the implementation and the performance required to bring characters to life. Fans can also catch a one-on-one discussion with makeup artist James McKinnon and L’Rell actress Mary Chieffo.
- CREATING SPACE – There are some shots that simply can’t be done practically when you are set in space. The VFX team, headed by Jason Zimmerman, pushes the envelope every week to create amazing computer graphics to give fans a realistic feel of space.
- STAR TREK DISCOVERY: THE VOYAGE OF SEASON TWO – A look at the adventures and plot twists encountered in Season 2 by the crew of the Discovery.
- Cast and crew audio commentaries on four episodes
- Deleted scenes
- Gag reel
Unlike season one, the realise details for season two have been announced at the same time which is sure to make international fans very happy.
International release dates
The collections will be released internationally on the following dates:
• United Kingdom – November 18, 2019
• Italy – November 19, 2019
• Germany – November 21, 2019
• Spain – November 22, 2019
• Nordics – November 25, 2019
• Belgium, The Netherlands & Luxembourg – November 27, 2019
• Denmark – November 28, 2019
• France – December 4, 2019
• Japan – Date to be announced
• Australia – Date to be announced