The owners of this website accept no responsibility for data submitted through insecure areas of this website or if you navigate away from Treksphere.com.
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the “DPA”) seeks to protect individuals against interferences with their privacy by regulating the way in which personal data is collected, handled, disclosed, used and stored. This has been enhanced with the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016.
Phone: +44 1625 545 745
This statement sets out how Treksphere aims to protect the privacy of personal data, your rights in relation to your personal data managed by Treksphere and the way Treksphere collects, holds, uses and discloses personal data. This statement explains how we use personal data we collect about you
1.1. Purposes for Which Treksphere Collects Personal Data
• To enhance or improve your user experience
• To respond to inquiries and resolve complaints and disputes
• To comply with applicable laws and regulations and orders of a competent authority
1.2. The Types of Personal Data That Treksphere May Collect and Hold
1.2.1. Personal Data That Treksphere May Collect Include
• Your name
• Your email address
• Your static or dynamic IP address
• Characteristics of your computing platform (Operating System, Browser)
1.2.2. Personal Data That Treksphere May Hold
• Treksphere may hold all the data mentioned in paragraph 1.2.1, except your name and email address which will be deleted after SIX (6) months of the time of collection, unless required longer to resolve complaints or disputes.
2. How Long Does Treksphere Keep Your Personal Data?
• Treksphere will keep your certain personal data e.g. your static or dynamic IP address, characteristics of your computing platform for as long as necessary in order to provide the best experience when using the website.
• Treksphere may keep records of your personal data for SIX (6) months after the date it has been captured unless required longer resolving complaints or disputes.
• Treksphere will keep your personal data to the extent necessary to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and code of practices.
3. How Does Trek Sphere Collect Your Personal Data?
• Treksphere usually collects personal data directly from you, in the form of direct email communication or from completing one of our sign up forms. Treksphere requires you to complete a consent form to acknowledge that you are fully aware of the collection and processing of your personal data.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
4.1. Disclosure of Personal Data By Treksphere
• Treksphere will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties without your informed consent.
• Treksphere may share your personal data if it is required to do so by virtue of any legal obligations (such as law enforcement, tax)
4.2. Affiliate Programs
• Trek Sphere is part of affiliate programs but is not endorsed or sponsored by these third parties.
• Trek Sphere is not responsible for any data collected by these third parties if or when you navigate to their websites. We advise that you read any such privacy policies and you acknowledge that
• Treksphere shall have no responsibility or liability for the use of your personal data by any such third parties.
• As per 4.1 Trek Sphere will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data without your informed consent.
• A list of the affiliates that Treksphere are signed up with can be found >HERE<
4.3. Marketing Communications
• Your information may be used for marketing or promotional purposes and only with your consent. Consent will be requested on an individual basis requesting opt-in
• Treksphere will not sell or rent your personal data to any third party for marketing purposes without your explicit consent (opt-in).
4.4. Security and Storage of Your Information
• Treksphere takes the security and confidentiality of personal data very seriously. Your information will be stored and processed on a PC which is encrypted and password protected.
• Treksphere takes all reasonable steps to protect your personal data using technical, and security measures to reduce the risks of misuse, interference and loss; and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
This includes as a minimum:
• Limiting physical access to the PC
• Limiting access to the information Treksphere may collect about you
• Limiting which personnel authorised to access your data. Only those needed to perform the website services Treksphere provides to you.
• Firewalls filter, data encryption
• Putting in place physical, electronic and procedural safeguards
5. Access to Your Information and Your Data Protection Rights
• You have the right to access the personal data Treksphere holds about you, and request us to delete, correct any inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading personal data.
• You shall be aware that deleting your personal data may prevent us from supplying the club services that Trek Sphere provides.
• Trek Sphere shall use reasonable endeavours to provide you access to your personal data within ONE (1) month of receiving your request.
• If you would like to request access to the personal data Treksphere holds about you, please contact the website administrator on Contact@treksphere.com
• Treksphere will take all the necessary steps to verify that it is you making the request before granting access or making corrections to your personal data.
Please identify yourself via e-mail
6. Contact Us
• If you have any questions, complaints or concerns about how we use your personal data, you can contact us by writing to Data protection Office by email at Contact@treksphere.com
• If you are concerned about how Treksphere handled your personal data, you may send a complaint using one of the following methods:
Email us at Contact@treksphere.com
You will receive a response within a reasonable period.
• However, should you consider that your complaint has not been dealt with care, you may decide to contact directly the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by:
Phone: 0303 123 1113
Letter: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, United Kingdom SK9 5AF
8. Cookies and Other Technologies We Use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
• Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
• Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
• Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
• Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
9. Contact Information
Data Protection Officer
Phone: +44 1625 545 745